GASOLINE is a post Tresspasser Dragon Age: Inquisition roleplay set in 9:50 Wintermarch, Dragon. The Inquisition has been disbanded, refusing to bend knee to the Chantry. Solas knows to much about the inquisition anyways- their weaknesses, fears, names, who their families are. He could use this information to his advantage if they were to revolt against him. He plans on destroying the world, creating a new one in his perfect image. Release the Evanuris, bring the world back to the time of the elves. But, unknown to most of the world, Solas is slowly becoming corrupted- and rumors of the sixth blight and a new archdemon emerging are lose on the tongues of spies and maids alike. The new Inquisition, under it's new alias, works diligently from the shadows and away from the eyes of nobility and the hierarchy of Orlais and Ferelden to gain information and armies to combat this new threat on the horizon. The fate of Thedas is in your hands- what role will you play in it's future? Will you be the light in the storm, or the gasoline that helps it to burn?

ANNOUNCEMENT 09.17.17 GO TAKE A LOOK AT OUR LATEST UPDATE!
ANNOUNCEMENT 08.02.17 july of the month winners have been cast and gasoline's first activity check is in swing. CHECK OUT OUR OTM WINNERS & ACTIVITY CHECK !
ANNOUNCEMENT 07.20.17 july of the month nominations have begun and the masquerade ball event is still under way. <3
ANNOUNCEMENT 06.27.17 june of the month voting has now begun- voting will last until friday 06.30.17
ANNOUNCEMENT 06.20.17 of the month nominations are now open for submission. nominating will span from 06.19-06.26 with voting from 06.27-06.30. also, we would like to welcome BASILEUS to the staff team as our final mod- completing our staff team!
ANNOUNCEMENT 06.12.17 we've only bee open for a little over a week and we already have 32 accounts- 9 member accounts and 23 actual character accounts. you guys are the bomb and the staff are so grateful to be apart of something so special and unique- our members truly do make this site amazing! also big welcome to ZEN as our final admin to the staff team, and DAN and SISSY as the first mods to join the staff team. <3
ANNOUNCEMENT 06.04.17 we're open for business guys!
ANNOUNCEMENT 06.03.17 Site development is well under way and ahead of schedule! The site should be opening within the next few days or so. We would also like to welcome ALICE to the staff team!
ANNOUNCEMENT 00.00.00 words words words words

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

all the people say You can't wake up, this is not a GASOLINE. dream You're part of a machine you are not a human being

Add Reply
New Poll

where's my love, tag: solas
""she wants a warrior lover... with wild eyes, strong hands and a poetic heart."" DISCORD: mochairishcreme#3689
mocha
// // mature?: // Offline
hero class: mage
spec: rift mage
race: elf
shipper
request
development
Numb. Nothingness. Asha felt nothing as she moved her frail body from the bed that was now covered in blood and after birth- even during the war she hadn’t seen this much blood. It would be best if she got up and moved now that her body was recovering from the shock of the miscarriage- according to the healer that assisted Deshi. Deshi had grown ill, and was not comfortable enough to perform on Asharen or her child alone, and the assistant healer had been one of the patrons that attended the ball that night- so the man sprang into action to aide the Inquisitor. Standing slowly, using the frame of the bed as support, her eyes wandered to the small bundle of blanket that was a few feet from the bed. She noticed small patches of blood before she saw the small creature bundled in the cloth.

Her throat ached from screaming and her eyes and cheeks burned from the tears that fell against her skin- the only real emotion she felt now that showed she was still alive. Moving slowly towards the small bundle, she picked it up in her arms, cradling it close to her chest. More tears spilled from her eyes, some falling onto the tanned skin of the premature infant wrapped in the fabric. After giving birth to the small being, she opened her eyes for a fraction of a second. Her eyes blue, his eyes blazing as the child fought for life. But, the injuries that Asha sustained from the demon’s attacks had caused too much strain on the tiny infant’s body- and there was no amount of magic the healers could force into her body to aid in her survival. She was battling a losing battle and Asharen was powerless to stop it.

In just mere moments, Asha had lost her mentor, a figure who had played a hand in who she had become, who she was now, as well as her daughter- the loss that Asharen was feeling at this moment was indescribable; and with all her powers, all her gifts that now made her the goddess Sylaise, she felt powerless to help her child- for even the god that guided souls to the afterlife could not bring her child back to her.

Moving slowly, clutching the child’s arms as if it would shatter if she moved too quickly- she disappeared, reappearing in a secluded area of the forest near the entrance of Valammar. Kneeling against the spongy forest floor, she held the child closer to her chest, placing a chaste kiss against her cold forehead before placing her on the ground. Bringing her hands together and resting them against her chest, Asha bowed her head- a small flame flickered against her fingertips. ”May Falon’Din guide our soul to the afterlife where we will meet again. May Syl-…. May my fire provide you safe passage to the heavens. May we meet again in the next life.” Her prayer was simple, one that was spoken many a time during the funerals of her clan members. Placing her finger against the cloth, she ignited the fabric. The cloth, and her child’s corpse burned and the ashes floated up towards the sky, returning to the heavens.

Asharen stood slowly after the flames turned to smoldering embers, before returning the Valmmar. She would play coy, ignoring the whispers of those around her as if she couldn’t hear them- not letting on that every spoken word would cut into her skin like the sharpest blade. Whispers, questioning her loyalty, her mortals, and sympathy for losing her child hit her ears. They questioned if she, the one who birthed the child sired by the Dread Wolf, was still loyal to the Order; if she could have a child with the one they fought against, how could she pledge her allegiance to such an alliance?

Returning to her chamber, she collapsed onto the bed- her body and mind both exhausted from the events that unfolded in the last few days. Sleep soon consumed her and she found herself in the Fade- using the Beyond as a way to escape her realty; no matter how briefly. A small child ran to her, the girl being only the age of three or four. Lightly tanned skin, wild brown hair, and his eyes- the sight of such a thing only brought tears to Asha’s eyes. The two of them sat under a willow tree conjured by the Fade as Asha ran her fingers through the child’s hair as if they were a brush while humming an old lullaby softly as the child sat contently in her lap.

Eventually, the happy falsity had to end, and the child disappeared suddenly as he stood before her; nothing but a solemn expression on his face. Asharen just looked at the Wolf in front of her, her newly topaz colored irises searching the depths of his blue orbs. She wanted to yell, scream at him, push him away from her and yell for him to never appear before her again; but she knew she couldn’t. She needed him, even with his betrayal.

”Say something,” her voice cut through the silence as a few heartbeats passed, the tone of her voice cracking a faction as she fought back the tears that threatened to consume her. ”You stand there, silent and solemn but damn it say something; let me know you’re real and not just a trick of the Fade. You let me, alone; to bury our child, alone.” she shifted, kneeling before him with her forehead hovering mere inches from the soft earth as tears finally filled her eyes enough to spill down her cheeks. ”Yell at me, scream at me. Tell me I’m the reason Bria and our child died, I know that’s what you’re thinking because it’s the same thing I’ve told myself over and over the past four days. Tell me I don’t deserve this power, that I don’t deserve the name Sylaise- that I taint the name. Just say something!” her voice gradually became louder as her words fought to cut through the sobs escaping her lips.

tagged: @SOLAS.

--------------------
user posted image
"I sort to set my people free from slavery to would-be gods." DISCORD: n/a
Dan
shipper
request
development
And now it hurts what we've become

'Cause you taught me how to love

So much pain, he felt it with every breath and movement. It screamed through the Fade as he wondered it. He could hear the cries of other spirits as they too felt such sadness. Such bitter and twisted anger, hatred even. Such emotions he felt, such emotions directed his current actions and those yet to come. Revenge was a bitter tasting thing, he had wished for revenege once. But not like this, how dark it felt. It clouded his judgement, it hardened his heart. What emotions he had once felt were sealed away. Tightly bound. Spirits, would recoil into the depths of the fade. Others would scatter as he walked near. Such darkness and power they had not witnessed or felt before, not until now. For he was eager for the vision of a lifeless body. Such anger he knew would feed those that lingered out of rage or vengeance. His eyes were dark, consumed by the grief of lives lost. Already countless deaths had been brought about by his hand.

There was no mercy to be had and he would not give it. No, they had gone too far now. All glimmers of hope he had once held for them had long since been whiped away. He had shown as much as what had been given to them. He could not bring himself to mention their names. So, he would see them all burn for what they did. What that demon did. As he moved through the Fade, his eyes narrowed and his brow furrowed. He sort vengeance, this he would not deny. What plans he had to see the world reborn he would put on hold. Now was not the time, not that did not matter. Yet, such recent events only caused Solas to wish for it's destruction sooner. There was a purpose in his stride, swift and strong. He knew what had to be done, and he would do it. Regardless the cost, He knew Mythal would scold him for such action had she been alive to witness them. Yet, he did not care. His mind was a different place, one of darkness. A darkness he would not try to avoid, not anymore. He had only walked so far when he felt it.

The sudden burst of pain and sadness that caused his own chest to tighten. Such strength in emotions brought him to a stop. He knew the cause of such an intense mixture of emotions. For several days if not longer he had avoided her. He could not bare to look at her, not after all that had transpired. She was too similar, yet entirely different. Either way, it was not something he wished to witness. Then, there was the part that grieved over the life lost inside of her. A flame that was at it's brightest. Gone, extinguished into nothing before it even had a chance to grow. Such thoughts consumed his mind once more. With a heavy step did he continue to march on, his eyes would glance to those that lingered nearby, with a hope that their time had come to take form. He did not speak to them, only looked. A cold, hard gaze that sent a majority recoiling. The Fade mourned the loss of Sylaise, it was everywhere in the dull shades of color the tangled and twisted trees that seemed to claw at nothingness.

Although it mourned it too feared the being that walked among it. He had thought to ignore such a pull, how the part of him wished to head to the aid of a loved one. For a brief moment he had even made gesture to move past and turn away. Yet, there was a flicker of brown hair. One that caused his head to turn, no sooner had he spotted the flash of brown did a cry of laughter echo across the empty space. A child, no more than two had run towards him. Arm's outstretched expectant of an embrace. Yet, before the child reached him did the image fade, disappearing like dust in a breeze. Around him, the air swirled lingering flickers of a dream and fantasy. Before he knew where he had walked did he come to stop before yet another brown-haired figure. His heart was closed off, hardened to the tricks of the Fade. Emotions were not something you could allow free reign. Not now, and perhaps never again.

Golden eyes, glistened as they looked up to his. Searching for something, anything. Yet, there was no warmth in his eyes, not this time. With his hand's clasped behind his back, with purpose. She demanded that he say something anything that would ease her own suffering. Then she would accuse him, blame him for the abandonment she felt. He watched as she clawed at the floor and as tears ran down her cheek. In that moment he wanted to reach out to her, to tell her it would be alright. But it wouldn't he could not lie to her. Instead, with a darkened tone that masked the sadness, he felt at seeing her in such a way. He spoke. "There is nothing I can say that would be sufficient enough.". There were no words he could say, no sentences of reassurance. Did he hate her? No... he could not, but nor could he deny what he felt after the death of Bria A curse that Asharen bore no doubt.

Did he blame her? perhaps, marginally so. She had accepted Briawyn into her life, had made her a part of her. She had allowed Bria to govern her actions at times, dare he even say emotions. He may blame her on some level, but no. He could not hate her. He too blamed himself, for becoming weak. For allowing that moment they had lain together when in truth he should have denied her. Yes, he too was to blame. He had gained her love and her trust. For she could not help what her heart had wanted. He knew he should have ended it sooner, denied her advances but he had not. Despite what she had wished to hear, for him to through the blame at her he didn't. But nor did he deny it. He knew words of apology or sorrow, would not amount to the pain Asharen no doubt felt. He too coudl feel the pin pricks of pain and loss, yet he had chosen not to acknowledge it.

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
""she wants a warrior lover... with wild eyes, strong hands and a poetic heart."" DISCORD: mochairishcreme#3689
mocha
shipper
request
development
Words echoed through her mind as she remembered words that Bria spoke to her before she sacrificed herself to Caius. ”Be patient with him- he’s going to grieve, just as you are. You saw how fiercely he cared when his befriended spirit died at the hands of mages that did not know better. He’s going to be angry, he’s going to want revenge. Please, be patient with him. Let him come back to you when he’s ready- it may take some time, and you may be alone to raise your daughter for some time; but it will be worth it in the end.” Oh if only she had known how the events after her death would unfold.

As he stood over her, she saw how reserved his stance was- his hands tightly clenched together behind his back. She could tell that he was trying to distance himself from her, and she somewhat understood. But, she would be lying if she said that Bria’s words made anything easier; they did quite the opposite and now Asha wondered if Solas had only loved her because of Bria or if she had won his affections on her own, and she wondered if he would be showing the same reaction if roles were reversed. ”There is nothing I can say that would be sufficient enough.” Her eyes burned with her own tears as she felt them become dry from loss of moisture. Her throat burned with words unsaid- she wanted to go to him, cling to him and replenish whatever hope she had for the world; but she knew at this point any hope she had held on saving this world had all but vanished.

She was broken o say the least, she knew that Solas would destroy the world if it meant unleashing his revenge against the one that killed Bria. Asha didn’t know if his passion for revenge was geared mainly towards avenging Bria, or if it was mixed with wanting revenge for the death of both Bria and their child. ”I had to bury our daughter, alone, I had to mourn for losing Briawyn, alone, and now my Keeper is dying. The woman that raised me as her own since I was five is dying, and yet again I will have to bury her, alone. Are you so wrapped up in your own plans, hellbent on seeing the world burn that you can’t take one fucking moment and be there for the person that you claimed to love? I understand you’re grieving Solas but so am I!” she snapped.

Looking away from Solas, she sighed to compose her thoughts. All she wanted now was for Solas to take her in his arms, hold her close, she to beg him not to leave her and he to comply; but she knew such a fantasy could never become a reality. Pulling herself to her feet now, she turned her attention back towards the Wolf, her topaz eyes blazing with determination. ”So, how do things go from here? Do you disappear from my life again, leaving me to grieve the death of our child alone while you run off to seek out your revenge for your fallen lover in the shadows? Is this the part where you tell me I will be better off moving on when you know my heart only belongs to you. I tried moving on Solas, when you left two years ago, I really tried; and it failed. Even when you stripped your presence from my memory Solas, I still loved you- and Bria had no part in that. You can stand there, wordless, but I know a part of you blame me for what happened- you can deny it all you like. I allowed Bria to influence my actions, and I allowed a moment of weakness; which caused both Bria and our child to die. I’m too weak, too naïve; a weakness I will not allow to take another person I love,” she paused for a moment to let her words sink in to his skin, ”But, we are well past the point where you can just erase my memory and go along with your plan for the world. I won’t let you, I can easily ward my mind to your tricks, Fen’Harel,” her words slipped form her lips like poison and at this point her anger for herself was mixing with the anger and disappointment she felt for Solas. ”I will not allow you to escape from my anger, and if necessary I will make myself hate you for leaving; making it easier on both of us. And I can’t hate you if I don’t remember you.”

Clutching the jaw bone that hung around your neck, so hard that it almost began to splinter, tears began to spill from her eyes again. She walked towards him, clutching onto the leather that bound the talisman to her neck. Slowly sliding it over her head, she held it out in front of her chest, in front of him. ”Lie to me or tell me the truth. Tell me none of this mattered or tell me that I meant everything. Take this trinket back and tell me that it was never mine to own. Nothing you could say could make things worse than what they are presently. No matter what path I chose, my fate to be alone has already been chosen by you, and no matter what I say I cannot change your mind or deter you from your path; this has already been proven multiple times. Rather you love me or not is irrelevant at this point, I know that no amount of begging can change your mind- so I won’t subject myself to the humiliation.”

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

Death, that was what surrounded Asharen now. The death of their child, the death of a keeper and of a friend or guide. Death had caught up with them both, a loss suffered that they would perhaps not return from. At least not so quickly. Time was what everyone said, how time could heal wounds. It may very well heal wounds, but it did not heal scars. Such scars would forever remain and act as a constant reminder. He knew she had buried their child, although he would not admit. He had been there, although discreetly. He thought it best that the two remain apart. That, and he could not bear to see her. It was one thing to see her and another thing to be with her. As cold as he was and as he appeared, this was his guard. Too many times had he let his guard down, opened up his emotions. No more, no longer would he do it. No good had come of it, only hurt, despair and loss.

She was angry, so she should be. He felt the same, in his anger, had he killed. He no longer did he hold room for mercy. He would see them all burn, they had struck a low blow. One he supposed he should have expected. Yet, it had happened too soon. He had not been prepared. How foolish he had been, lost within the world of love and lust. He had lost sight of his goal once again and he had paid for his ignorance. Whilst she shouted, he remained silent. His cold blue eyes focused on her as she remained on the floor. After a moment, when Asharen finally got to her feet Solas spoke. "And what would you have me do? fall into despair? Lock myself away? Or fall into several pieces. I am not that man. You and I both know that. We can hate ourselves or one another all we wish, even live in denial. But it changes nothing. They will pay for what they have done. I merely chose to act rather than to wallow in self-pity."

His words were cold and cruel, he knew that. Nor did he hide it. Yes, he loathed himself for not acting sooner. Blamed himself for becoming distracted, even blamed Asharen for being headstrong. Was it possible to blame someone for being too desirable? With an expression of indifference, colder and darker than what it had ever been, did he then reply to her latter question. He had displayed such emotions before when Asharen had come looking for him many months back. Where he had raised a hand to her. "Curse and slander all you wish, hate me if you must. I was a fool to love, a fool to allow myself to be loved. As beautiful and brief as it was. I became distracted, a distraction which has cost me greatly. A distraction I will not allow to happen again. You wish for me to turn you away and to hate you? You believe it would be easier? You are wrong. I could not hate you, nor will I ever hate you." He stated as he shook his head slowly.

"You can think what you will. " With that, Solas turned around. He had granted her the one visit and the last visit. Already had it felt like an eternity that he had spent in her presence. He could feel the coldness of his emotions thawing. Could feel, his hands twitch as they longed to reach out and to hold her. He would not allow himself to fall in such a way. Not again, not at the risk of falling into the same cycle. Yet, no sooner had he turned away did Asharen continue. Her words, cause him to pause in his stride.
"But, we are well past the point where you can just erase my memory and go along with your plan for the world. I won’t let you, I can easily ward my mind to your tricks, Fen’Harel,”
Of that he was sure, slowly, he turned back around to face Asharen. "No doubt. I have no intention of erasing your mind. You have proven time and time again that you are not easily deterred." He snapped, an edge of irritation beginning to lace his tone.

"Then hate me. Do what you must. But do not pretend." His voice was cold, stern somewhat. His hands that rested behind his back, clenched tightly together. His knuckles white. Solas watched as she removed the charm from her neck and extended it towards him. "What difference does it make? You do not listen. You are so desperate to ignore a lie and too arrogant to accept the truth." He spoke his tone darker now. What would she have him say? he knew that what it came down to was what she wished to hear. Gazing at the charm, his eyes ignited. A blue haze filled them before the charm within her hand grew hot. To a heat, she would not be able to bear. When it hit the floor, did the ground seemingly swallow it whole. He had gifted it to Bria, all those years ago. Admittedly, to see that Asharen still held it was.. in a sense comforting. Dare he to say it suited her well, and he would not have minded if she had kept it.

For he knew he loved Asharen as well as Bria. After Bria's death, he had followed the demon back. It had only been when he had seen Asharen crumpled and a foot from the demon did he realize. Yes, he had thought once upon a time he had loved her, then. To discover the truth about Bria he did doubt his feelings towards Asharen. But, having seen her that day in the hall. Surrounded by danger, he had cared for her. He had worried for her safety. He had been concerned perhaps even fearful for her health. So yes, he had and did love her still. Even now, the thought that he would indeed distance himself once again was not one he delighted in. He knew it too, would not be easy.

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
mocha
shipper
request
development
She was angry? Damn right she was angry. She had every right to be in her mind. Solas left her, abandoned her in the time that she needed him the most and now he stood before her, cold and distant, treating her as if she were a weakness and a burden to him. She couldn’t believe how he could stand here so solemn and so stoic, closing himself off from her so easily. Did he truly care that little about her that he couldn’t even console her, comfort her and show any emotion towards her? Did he see her as that much of a weakness that he couldn’t show her any emotion even now when they were completely alone?

”And what would you have me do? Fall into despair? Lock myself away? Or fall into several pieces. I am now that man. You and I both know that. We can hate ourselves or one another all we wish, even live in denial. But it changes nothing. They will pay for what they have done. I merely chose to act rather than wallow in self pity.”

His words caused her head to snap up and gaze directly towards him. His cold relentless stare was met by furious golden irises. He didn’t bother to hide his cruelness, rather he used it as the proverbial blade that continued to cut deeper and deeper wounds into her skin. She couldn’t believe the words she heard escape his lips. Was he calling her weak? Too emotional? Did she care too much. ”At least I’m allowing myself time to grieve, I wasn’t the only one that lost their child. Or do you care too little to allow yourself one moment of grievance? Regardless of what you feel about emotion, seeing it as a weakness or a curse. At least I’m showing that I actually had compassion for those that I’ve lost.” If he wanted to use words to wound her, then she would do the same.

”Curse and slander all you wish, hate me if you must. I was a fool to love, a fool to allow myself to be loved. As beautiful and brief as it was, I became distracted. A distraction which has cost me greatly. A distraction I will not allow to happen again. You wish for me to turn you away and to hate you? You believe it would be easier? You are wrong. I could not hate you, nor will I ever hate you.” A low, rumbling growl omitted from her base of her throat at his words as she spat a “Could have fooled me.” Under her breath, just to be met with his harsh toned words of ”You can think what you will.”

She could see that her words laced with venom did their purpose, as he halted his stride and turned his attention back towards her. ”No doubt. I have no intention of erasing your mind. You have proven time and time again that you are not easily deterred.” His words were laced with irritation as he snapped the sentences from his lips. ”My stubbornness was something that you once regarded as being an attractive quality of mine.” she sneered as she crossed her arms across her chest.

As she told him that she would make herself hate him, she was greeted with more cold words. ”Then hate me. Do what you must, but do not pretend.” A short, snapped laugh escaped her lips at his words. ”’But do not pretend’? You dare mock me? I have never pretended, not for a second in the years that I have known you. I have always been straight forward with you. You’re the one that has pretended and hidden under a mask, too prideful to allow anyone to truly get close to you. But I suppose the only one to ever see underneath that perfectly placed façade of yours would have been Bria.” Asharen spat, the words, “And look where that got her” danced on her tongue, but she bit down at the tip, silencing such harsh phrasing. Even she wasn’t that cruel.

”What difference does it make? You do not listen. You are so desperate to ignore a lie and too arrogant to accept the truth.” How dare he? How dare he call her ignorant and arrogant. Her blood began to boil as the fire danced beneath her topaz colored eyes. As his gaze held to the charm, his eyes ignited with a blue light, and he burned her with his magic. Not directly, but he allowed heat to radiate from the charm- so much that she dropped the trinket as a hiss escaped her lips, clutching her hand to her chest as the charm disappeared from sight as it was engulfed by the sand and mud of the earth.

Taking long, quick strides towards the Wolf, she stood mere inches from him now; her blood still igniting underneath her skin. With her hand raised, and with force, did she strike her palm across his cheek as tears pooled from her eyes. Before he could react, she grabbed the front of his shirt, her hands trembling as she held tightly to the fabric to the point that her knuckles turned white. ”Don’t you dare call me arrogant. I’m not the one that was so caught in their self-righteousness that they doomed their entire race, freeing their shackles just to bind them with a crueler chain. I have always loved my people, I have always put them before my own needs.

I was willing to die, sacrifice myself for my people and everyone across Thedas, across the whole damn world. I may not listen to your advices and your teachings, but why would I? I loved you, I still love you regardless of the circumstances- which is probably owed to my own stupidity. But, I have always done what I know is best for my people. Maybe I should have died at the battle of Haven, or even during the final battle with Corypheus. Then things would have been easier for you, you wouldn’t have allowed weakness to deter you from your ultimate goal, right?” As she spoke, her entire body seemed to shake with tremors, her voice cracking just marginally from the tears that burned her cheeks.

”Am I now forced to walk the lathbora viran, fated to long for a thing that I can never possess. You have made it quite clear that you will never return my affections, damn your stubbornness and pride. You think you’re the only one hurting, the only one that wants to see the world burn, to see the Nightmare and Elgar’nan pay for their misdeeds, for taking Briawyn and Brianna away? You are sadly mistaken if you think that’s true. I wish I could tell you that I won’t give up, that I will still fight for you just as I did all those years ago. But such passion wouldn’t be wasted on me, so why should I waste my breath?”

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

He knew that each word he spoke would cut deep into her. That was his intention was it not? to drive her away, make her hate him, loathe him. He knew that no words or warning would send her away now. No, only bitterness and hatred would. All of which were nothing but lies on his behalf. Yet, how was she to know if they were the truth or not? He was the Dread Wolf, the trickster. His ability to lie had been the sole basis of his 'title'. Her words were true, and they stuck just as hard. He too suffered the loss, he too shared her pain in that sense. Yet, he did not show it. He had shut off his emotions, sealed them away. An act he should have done many years ago. Instead of comforting her, that she so desperately wished for and knowing then, what she wanted to hear. No such words would come.

"Grievance? You mock me Asharen. I have seen my fair share of death and destruction. I have watched my entire family fall. You say I do not know what loss is? You are wrong. People, My people have long since forgotten who they are. You do not know what it was like when I awoke and you have forgotten what I am. I forgot what I am." He stated. His words were cold. Yes, he did not desire god-hood or a false ranking. Yet, he was not like Asharen. Could never be one of the elves that wonder the realm. With a shake of his head did he step forward, there were strength and power in his stride. With the few steps, he took. Above the sky rumbled, like thunder. A warning. How colder he seemed, how darker his emotions had become. "In years to come you will age, you will grow old and I shall remain no different than what I am now. You may be Sylasie reborn, but you are not immortal. A soul is reborn and an essence passed on. You forget your body is mortal. Long has its connection to the Fade been severed." He stated matter of fact . There was no warmth in his voice.

In reference to her stubbornness, Solas's eyes narrowed a fraction. "Indeed. As attractive as it was, it too was an obvious weakness. You were too stubborn to listen. If you had stayed away from me, had listened. None of this would have happened. You would not be here broken and seeking comfort I cannot give." There was the bitterness in his words once again. Slowly, as each moment passed Once again Solas was losing himself. Losing himself to the being that many of his people had feared a long time ago. Did he pretend? if only she knew what lengths he had gone too, what he had sacrificed in order to love her. At such words, Solas's lips twisted into a smile. Although it was one of equal darkness. A smirk. "Prideful? Ironic is it not? The name Solas? I thought it fitting at the time. I did not see the relevance of it until now." Of course then, they did not know the true origin of the Dread Wolf. For he had been a myth, a legend that scared children into behaving. Fen'Harel. The name had become a curse and an insult at times.

Moments later, Asharen advanced. Her hand met his cheek, causing his head to snap side ways. No doubt he deserved such an action. Returning his gaze back towards her, his eyes narrowed further. The once blue eyes had darkened. Like the sea amidst a storm. Above, thunder echoed through the Fade. The Fade was his home, he controlled it. Such power he had accumulated over time only enforced such ruling. Hands that had stuck him a moment ago, clung to the front of his shirt. He could feel her steel grip, he could see her legs tremble. Threatening to give way beneath her. Standing rigid, his hands covered her own, just as harshly as she spoke. Removing her hands finally from his shirt as she finished, did he release her. Stepping back and away, there was a glimpse of sorrow in his expression before he spoke. Yet, such an expression was swiftly replaced by that of indifference. "Then go." He stated as small droplets of rain begun to fall. "Do not waste your breath, leave. Your life is your own. Do with it what you will. I am Fen'Harel. That is who I am. My enemies feared me and they will again. You should too. For this war has only just begun."

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
mocha
shipper
request
development
”Grievance? You mock me Asharen, I have seen my fair share of death and destruction. I have watched my entire family fall. You say I do not know what loss is? You are wrong. People, my people have long since forgotten who they are You do not know what it was like when I awoke and you have forgotten what I am. I forgot what I am.” His words were cold and it caused Asha’s jaw to tense. ”No, I have not forgotten what you are. You are the trickster, the Dread Wolf that was used to fill children’s dreams with nightmares and subdue them into behaving or else the ‘cursed Dread Wolf will take them’. You were used as a curse, a fairy tale to frighten young children and used as a ward to fend off attackers. You are the reason why our people have forgotten who we are. If it wasn’t for you and your blasted pride, jumping on the first plausible option because you didn’t think there would be any repercussions. If it wasn’t for you, my people could have had a different life, a different history. If you hadn’t locked the others away, Bria may still be alive!” she shouted, her emotions getting the better of her.

His next words stopped any of her own that were burning against her tongue. ”In years to come you will age, you will grow and I shall remain no different than what I am now. You may be Sylaise reborn, but you are not immortal. A soul is reborn and an essence passed on. You forget your body is mortal. Long has its connection to the Fade been severed.” There was no warmth, no kindness in his voice. ”There are ways I can become immortal, Wolf,” she spoke darkly, as the whites of her eyes darkened to a black hue, almost seeming to illuminate the topaz irises of her eyes. ”An immortal soul may be reborn into an immortal soul, but reaching to the darker edges of the Fade, giving away the humanity and the humility of the flesh, you can find ways to make yourself immortal. Severe may be the cost, but the effects are worth the risk.”

A slight smirk played on her lips as she saw his eyes narrow in annoyance. ”Indeed. As attractive as it was, it too was an obvious weakness. You were too stubborn to listen. If you had stayed away from me, had listened, none of this would have happened. You would not be here broken and seeking comfort I cannot give.” The bitterness in his tone caused her to tremble fractionally and she could feel as shift in the Fade as he seemed to start to lose himself into the darkness that caused so many to fear him so long ago. ”Prideful? Ironic is it not? The name Solas? I thought it fitting at the time. I did not see the relevance of it until now.” The smirk he wore caused shivers to travel down her spine. Was it fear? No, not really. Not for herself at least, more so for her people and in fear for the damage he could further cause on the world.

As her hand connected with his cheek, his head snapped to the side and her heart beat rapidly in anticipation, anxiety, and the blackness of her eyes slowly faded back to a normal white. She saw the dark storm brewing in his eyes as he returned his gaze to her and a chill ran down her spine- she was not familiar with this side of Solas, and the revelation of such a benevolent soul beneath the familiar kindness and softness she was used to was almost frightening. His hands roughly covered hers as she trembled, removing them as she finished her words and stepping away. She saw the glimmer of sorrow and pain underneath his dark expression as he spoke. ”Then go,” he stated as the Fade was twisted and the storm began to produce light droplets of rain, ”Do not waste your breath, leave. Your life is your own. Do with it what you will. I am Fen’Harel. That is who I am. My enemies feared me and they will again. You should too. For this war has only begun.”

His words seemed to strike a chord in her, and her eyes faded back to the darkness once again as she felt the power that Caius fed into her slowly devouring her soul, turning it just as dark. Gritting her teeth, she glared at him- fire and passion in her eyes as flames danced on her fingertips. ”Bria would be disappointed in you, Mythal ashamed. How dare you besmirch such creatures who did nothing but love you by poisoning this world with your self-righteous, pious bullshit. If you don’t think we’ll try to stop you, if you don’t think I won’t fight to protect my people you’re wrong. You’ll have to kill me before I allow you to harm anyone else.” She promised him before spinning on her heel, anger and pain seeming to mix together and radiate a fire from her core that could engulf all of Thedas if she so chose. Stopping abruptly after she had distanced herself from him, she turned back towards him. ”Your lies will never infect my heart again,” she spoke to him in clear elven dialect, the sudden ability to eloquently speak their old language almost surprised her, but the expression in her eyes matched the anger she felt in her soul.

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

Her verbal blow was expected, Once it may have cut deeper. Yet, with his emotions hardened, his skin thickened. He all but brushed it aside with narrowed eyes. "I know what I did, I live with the consequence of my actions each day. It may well have been a different world, one where minds are controlled. A world where there would have been no free will. If you had seen it, you would understand. But you do not understand." He retorted. Although he regretted what he had done, had he gone back. Had he been faced with the choice again. He would have done the same, yet he would have found another solution. Another way around it. "No. Bria would still be alive had you listened." He snapped, irritation evident. If only she had listened to what Bria had said over the years. Solas could only begin to wonder how many times Asharen had ignored the words of Bria.

There it was. The source of his anger, Bria's death. The cause of it, the loss of her. Then, coupled with the death of their child? A child he had known all of one evening. As the topic progressed, Solas shook his head. "You are a fool to try if you do. Being immortal is a curse. Not a blessing." He stated just as cold. "You stand by, watch as those you love grow old. Your Friend's and family, all you can do is watch. Knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it." No, it was no life. It was a curse to live a thousand lives, different names, different faces. Too afraid to care for another being. Knowing that in time they would be nothing but ashes on the ground. Could she not see? Did she not realize why he had pushed her away at the beginning? In truth, he had been selfish. He had not wanted to feel the hurt and loss again. Yet, again he had faced such. His anger at the fact both Bria's and his child's lives had ended too soon.

With harsh words exchanged, did he release her hands. Yet the storm burned within the depths of his eyes. The sky above, as false as it was only reflected his gaze. Rain began to fall, slow and steady at first. As he bid her go, to leave. Only when she replied did the sky grow darker still, thunder rolled and a flash of lightning illuminated his cold, chiseled features. Lifting his head slightly, did he move his arms back behind his back, his hands clasped. "All I ever did was care for them. Yet, look what such compassion has brought me?" He stated. It had brought him pain, loss, betrayal of another kind. Mythal had been right, the time she had warned him not to allow his emotions to cloud his judgment. Yet, he had. Mythal's death had been the start. He had been furious. So he had acted, without thought sealing those responsible away. Then, he had met Asharen. Loved her before he had known of Bria's existence within her. Once again, he had allowed passion to blind him. Had he not, then the loss of their child would not have occurred, Asharen would not be mourning. His emotions and his actions were the cause of the problem. The death of Mythal, Bria and then the death of their child.

But, he had realized too late. When the damage had already been done. No more would he allow himself to feel. He would restore the world to what it once was. A fresh start, a new start but not before he avenged Bria. "Then I should pray to your false gods that we do not meet again." He spoke. His tone ice cold. The rain began to fall, heavier now. Could he truly kill her? He did not know. He knew that he could not allow emotions to stand in his way a third time. Fen'Harel watched as she walked away only to turn around and speak. Elven words graced his ears, to which he replied. "Compassion will not enter mine." No love or mercy included would be welcomed again. He could feel himself change, the Fade felt it. No longer would he be Solas. With that, he watched as she walked away perhaps for the last time. He did not know in that moment if he would see her again. Should they meet, he knew they would be strangers.

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
mocha
shipper
request
development
Asha noticed that Solas just simply passed off her words, proverbially letting them roll off his back like the rain that now drizzled throughout the Fade. ”I know what I did. I live with the consequence of my actions each day. It may well have been a different world, one where minds are controlled. A world where there would have been no free will. If you had seen it, you would understand. But you do not understand.” His words were strict as he retorted. She knew that if he would have been able to go back to the past, he would have done the same thing; just maybe changed his approach, but he would never regret the outcome. ”No. Bria would still be alive had you listened.” He snapped, causing her jaw to tense and teeth to grind against one another. How dare he. ”How dare you,” she snapped, the darkness of her eyes only seeming to grow darker as the veins around her eyes seemed to blacken as well, the darkness of her blood traveling down to the base of her neck.

It was true that Bria had become an influencing force in her life, and there was time where she didn’t listen to Bria’s advice, but it was mostly on trivial things- and there were times where if she would have listened to Bria, a completely different outcome would have occurred. She could have very well been killed in the war on the Breach. ”You’re right, I didn’t listen to Bria on things. The one thing I shouldn’t have listened to her on was chasing after you. I should have went with my instincts and never pursued you. But she persisted. She was so engulfed with her love for you that she corrupted my mind to the same mindset. She would be disappointed in you, Mythal would be disappointed in you; like that matters to you.” She yet again insulted, meaning to wound and crack his impenetrable skin.

”You are a fool to try if you do. Being immortal is a curse. Not a blessing.” he stated, the coldness of his tone never leaving his voice. ”You stand by, watch as those you love grow old. Your friends and family, all you can do is watch. Knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it.” A laugh irrupted from her lips, it was cold and almost humored at his words. ”What loved ones do I have now Solas?!” she yelled at him, ”My child is dead, my parents died long ago. My Keeper is not long for the waking realm and because of my actions, none of my companions trust me any longer. If I should walk any path, why not the lathbora viran. It seems fitting does it not? To forever pine for the love and companionship I lost due to my stupidity and naivety.”

”All I ever did was care for them. Yet, look what such compassion has brought me?” He spoke against her comment of Mythal and Bria’s disappointment in him. As he spoke, rain began to fall slow and steady as the storm that Solas created in the Fade was beginning to come full circle. ”Blaming yourself for caring? Do you blame yourself for Mythal’s death? Your absence being the cause no doubt?” She began to circle him now, like a wolf circling a halla, ”If you had been there things would be different. Do you blame yourself for Bria’s death? If you hadn’t loved her, hadn’t let passion overcome you then she would be alive? Same with our child. Do you blame yourself for what happened to her?” Finally, she returned to her position in front of him, she was barely parted from him. She could clearly see the storm raging behind his eyes and feel his heavy, heated breath against her skin. A slight chuckle escaped her lips as she noticed how tense he was at their closeness. ”I still see the desire under your glare, Wolf. It’s as if you’re drooling after a feast. You demand I don’t lie, don’t pretend; but here you stand portraying the greatest lie of all. The emotionless Dread Wolf does have a weakness, and will always have a weakness. Love can be blinding, all consuming, and it will never leave you- despite your best efforts to lock the emotion away.”

”Then I should pray to your false gods that we do not meet again,” his tone was ice and it caused a mischievous chuckle to rupture from her lips, then she looked up to the sky and noticed that the rain was pouring more steadily now. After she turned away, his words clung to her ears as he spoke after her. ”Compassion will not enter mine.” And once again she stopped. Glancing back at him, her golden eyes set on his icy blue orbs and a slightly coy smile played on her lips. Glancing down at her onyx formed arm that she was graced with by Bria, magic flickered against her fingertips. The stone now turned to flesh and she flexed her now slender fingers, the feeling of having real flesh and bone in place of the nothingness that she had grown accustom to for the last few years was almost comforting.

She sighed, contently as her expression shifted to something of relief. The red flames flickering on the fingertips of her newly grown appendage now turned a sickening, almost florescent green as intricate designs now burned into the flesh of her palm and traveled up slightly above her elbow. As she turned back to him, the blackness of her eyes faded and her golden orbs now rested against a background of white. ”You may have created the Fade, my dear Wolf, but,” she paused and looked down at her hand as the magic pulsed and flickered in her hand, ”I will master it. I will give new life to the name Sylaise. No longer will she be a beacon, a light in darkness- but rather the fire that will burn all enemies and engulf the world in flame. Passion may be my crime, but it will also be the fuel to ignite a fire unlike the world has ever seen. Be prepared, Fen’Harel, for if it’s a war you wish to wage, you’ll be met with dragon’s fire.”

Just as she spoke, a roar vibrated through the air and a mature dragon shook the earth as she landed behind. The familiarity of the dragon would not be lost on Solas, as the dragon was originally Bria’s ward. But, the one lustrous amber hue to the dragon’s scales now dulled to a pale tawny color and the once bright ruby accents of her talons and flesh on her wings was now a pale, dirty red. The only vibrancy of the dragon now was her eyes, for they still held the bright ruby color that even Bria held in her eyes. ”I am your new master,” Asharen spoke in elven, realizing early on after she became Sylaise that the dragon only responded to elven commands, ”And you will help me see the world burn.”

Just as she spoke, the air seemed to shift and a chill ran down her spine. ”I’m surprised you can enter the Fade with your templar vessel, demon,” she growled and her gaze was met by the dark ruby eyes of Caius, the cause for all of this. Wrapped in his arm was a young girl, her age barely three. Her eyes were bright aqua and her hair a messy mane of brown. Asha realized immediately who this child was, and her fists clenched together in anger.

”How dare you, use a trick of the Fade against me. That’s low even for you demon.” She growled, before glancing over to Solas before turning her attention back to Caius. ”But, you know as well as I that the child you hold in your hand is nothing but a spirit, a cruel trick of the Fade that you’re bending to your will to mock and wound me. Why would I care about such a pathetic thing such as that?” As she spoke, Asha saw the tears form in the child’s eyes almost as if the insult harmed the girl- which Asha would never admit, but it broke her heart to see Caius twisting her daughter’s image to use against her.

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

”All I ever did was care for them. Yet, look what such compassion has brought me?” Yes, he saw and he had warned her of such. Yet, once again she had not listened. She believed that she knew best, an arrogance which he knew to be both a strength and weakness in the young elf. He too should have been stronger in his convictions. He should not have loved, should not have allowed himself to fall prey to such emotions.
"And now you see. I warned you did I not? of what would happen. Once again, you did not listen. We are both to blame. I take fault in allowing you in. When I should have continued to shut you out." He stated matter of fact. His tone was as cold as the gaze and expression he wore. As she spoke her words continued to cut as deep as she intended. Above, thunder rumbled and the rain continued to pour. He could feel her as she moved around him. Circling him. A cold, uncharacteristic smirk appeared on his lips.

"Do not act as if you understand. You will never understand. You are incapable of such. Blinded by your emotions. You would only see what lays before you. Not once have you looked beyond it. Not once have you considered anything more." His own words were harsh and sharp. As brief and as bright as the flash of lightning that struck the nearest tree. A tree that was mere feet to his right."We are different, you and I Sylaise." He began using her false name. For in a sense he could not bear to speak Asharen's name. He knew, that by using such a name it too would strike a blow. For it would prove how much he wished to distance himself. "I am aware of my faults. I do not deny them, do not hide from them. I accept the consequences. For I was prepared for them. But you? You will not accept them, you cannot see them.Your arrogance is a veil of its own accord." Casting his steel gaze skywards he watched once again as lightning flashed and listened as the thunder rolled.

As she spoke, words of desire. A desire she proclaimed to see in him. He would not deny the attraction that he held. An attraction that would no doubt forever remain. One he could only attempt to hide. But, he had been a fool. For he had allowed her to get too close, he had allowed her to enter his heart. Fen'Harel had known from that day they had shared their first kiss as Asharen and Solas that his feelings for her would forever haunt him. She was a weakness, this he understood and in a sense he accepted. Therefore, he knew it would only be a matter of time before she was used against him. And so she had been."Love does indeed make us weak.That I will not deny. Nor will I regret knowing love. But I will not, I shall not know of it again. A decision I should have made a long time ago." His tone was once again as cold as the rain that now poured.

Fen'Harel watched, as Sylaise's arm was born anew. As flesh now covered what had once been an onyx limb of sorts. Her power was growing, that he knew from the magic that danced within her palm. She had become Sylaise and she had tapped into the power long since buried within her. "Then I wish you luck.For you will surely need it." He said as the cold, dark smirk graced his lips once again. He created the Fade, the Fade knew of its creator. There had been those that sort to control it. Some did if only a fraction of it. Yet, the Fade was a trickster as much as the Wolf who created it. How many had fallen prey to it? How many had believed themselves powerful enough? and how many awoke to see another day? A moment later a familiar roar echoed across The Fade. Soon enough, landing before the pair was a grand dragon. What had once been a rather peaceful creature compared to the high dragons that littered Thedas the one that landed seemed to change within an instant. He knew the cause, Sylaise reborn. In a sense, she captured and changed the dragon before them.

It was an action that caused a deep frown to cross his brow. He knew he should not be surprised by the actions. The beating of the creature's wings, scatted the leaves that littered the Fade floor. However, the frown was brief and his expression returned to one of indifference. The words that left Sylaise's lips were of course known and understood by Fen'Harel.The mention of seeing the world burn was not lost upon the Wolf.It was a comment that would remain with him but not a command he would stop.Second's later, the Wolf sensed the intrusion before he felt it. Meters before the pair stood a demon. The demon that had caused such a rift. In that instant, his eyes narrowed and a blue flame filled his vision. Magic, darker magic than that of what Asharen was perhaps accustomed to. Caius had escaped one too many times and Fen'Harel had no intention of letting the Demon leave alive.

Suddenly, vines unnatural even to The Fade began to wrap around that of Caius. Rooting him in place. "I warned you demon." With his eyes still a bright blue haze did the vines begin to constrict. Slowly, painfully crushing bones.The tighter he squeezed, and the higher the vines rose there was a snap and a crunch. Bones, as brittle as wood begun to shatter. Blood flow became impossible and swelling begun to occur as a result. There was a darkness in the Wolf's eyes. Unnatural, his tone had changed. It had become deeper, darker it even seemed to echo across the Fade. "Do not think for one moment I would grant you a quick death." As the bones cracked. He ignored the false being in the demon's arms. In truth, his expression shifted once again. Dare he say he delighted in witnessing such a death that was long overdue.

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
mocha
shipper
request
development
”And now you see. I warned you did I not, of what would happen? Once again, you did not listen. We are both to blame, I take fault in allowing you in when I should have continued to shut you out.” He stated in a matter of fact, causing Asha to clench her jaw. His tone was cold and his gaze and expression matched the ice of his voice. The words that left her lips did their intended purpose and she could feel the air shift and become thin as his emotions were reflected in the Fade- the rain poured more steadily and thunder roared overhead. As she circled him, she noticed the cold smirk purse against his lips which caused a slight look of confusion to adorn her own. ”Do not act as if you understand. You will never understand, you are incapable of such. Blinded by your emotions you would only see what lays before you. Not once have you looked beyond it, not once have you considered anything more.”

His words were sharp, his own daggers laced against his tongue to be used as proverbial weapons against her skin. As his words left his lips, a brief flash of lightning struck the nearest tree, one that was merely feet away from Solas. ”We are different you and I, Sylaise.” he spoke after the lightning crackled and a branch fell from the tree, the crash shaking the earth. Her ears perked as he called her by her new name and a slight chuckle escaped her lips, a dark mischief flashed behind her topaz irises as she stood before the wolf now, mere inches from him. ”That name sounds delicious as it leaves your lips, Wolf,” she jested, fingers dragging against his jaw and tracing the lines down his chin before she turned away from him, glancing back as he continued. ”I am aware of my faults. I do not deny them, do not hide from them. I accept the consequences for I was prepared for them. But you? You will not accept them, you cannot see them. Your arrogance is a veil of its own accord.” He turned his attention towards the sky as another flash of lightning lit up the world around them, followed by a roar of thunder that shook he leaves of trees and made the earth tremble at its voice.

Another slight chuckle left her lips, an expression of amusement played against her features. ”Arrogant am I? Yet your name is the epitome of pride, the irony in your words is almost too much to listen to. I understand my flaws, my faults and I have embraced them in this new persona that your fallen lover so graciously bestowed on me. I know the consequences of my actions, Wolf. I do not deny them, nor do I lock them away in my own blindness as you are trying to blame me of. I will use such actions to become a better goddess than Briawyn ever could be.” Asharen looked own at her fingertips as ruby embers now danced and twirled between them. ”Already I can feel more power than I ever felt as mere Asharen, more power than I ever felt Briawyn possessing.”

She gazed upon him as he spoke, her eyes locked onto his as she saw the rage and darkness dance behind the crystal orbs of his. ”Love does indeed make us weak that I will not deny, nor will I regret knowing love. But, I will not, I shall not know of it again. A decision I should have made a long time ago.” His words seemed to change the air around them, as the temperature dropped enough so that now she could see puffs of breath as they left the pair’s lips. After her arm was regrown, her ears perked up once again at his words of luck, warning her of her need for it. Another chuckle left her lips. ”I learned much from you during our time together, I doubt I’ll need much luck.” she spoke with a devilish smile playing on her lips before she snapped her fingers, warping her appearance.

The plain dress she wore was replaced with an intricate piece of black silk, lace and silver designs sewn against the edges- a long slit in the skirt baring her thigh and black lace garter that adorned her thigh. The chest piece was a ribbed corset that accentuated her hips and breasts. A cape of black wool with a cowl of silver and black wolf’s fur draped over her shoulders and black steel gauntlets with accentuated, pointed finger pieces clothed her hands and half of her forearms. A crown of ruby jewels hung loosely against her forehead, accented with a crow’s skull that sat in the center of her forehead. ”Much better,” she spoke with her hands on her hips as she admired her new ensemble.

She noticed the shift in his expression as she twisted and perverted the once peaceful dragon to use in her own plans for world destruction and she couldn’t help but laugh. ”What’s the matter Wolf? You don’t approve of my actions? You must admit, I have taken a docile creature and turned it feral, it’s impressive is it not?” she asked with a jesting smirk on her face, almost toying with him as a predator would their prey.

With the appearance of Caius, it almost caused Asharen to revert back to her once normal self- instead of this darker version that now played the persona of Sylaise. Seeing her daughter, no matter the image being a trick of the fade, exhibiting such sorrow and fear caused a lump to form in her throat. But at Solas’s words, at his actions, she lost all cares for the false being, and as Caius was slowly being broken, twisted against the vines, dare she say she enjoyed the sight?

”Did you think I wouldn’t come prepared for such ferocity, Fen’Harel?” the demon asked between gasping breaths and Asharen was pulled to him, appearing in the tangle of vines with Caius’s arm snaked around her waist with the other hand clutching her throat. ”Now I have leverage, what will you do now, dearest Dread Wolf. Will you sacrifice your lover in your quest to destroy me, to avenge a fallen love that was never truly yours to begin with? At least you didn’t steal this one away from another man.” Caius growled, his words sharpened like daggers.

A low chuckle escaped Asha’s lips, before her teeth clenched together and a shiver ran down her spine as the demon dared to press his lips to her skin, his tongue dancing against her flesh as it traveled up from the base of her neck to her jaw. ”You think your child means more to him than his fallen lover? The only reason why he wants to kill me is because I took away his lover. You and that child mean nothing to him.” Caius whispered lowly in her ear, the heat of his breath against her skin caused her to shiver in discomfort. Caius turned his attention towards Solas. ”Isn’t that right, Wolf? The only reason why you want to kill me is to avenge the fallen goddess. She meant more to you than this pathetic little elf ever did.” A low growl rumbled in Asharen’s throat as his grip tightened on her throat as the vines tightened around them. With each twist and squirm of her body, the vines tightened more- stealing the breath from her lungs and causing Asharen to gasp for air, gritting her teeth together as pain began to shoot through her body as her bones began to crack against the weight of the vines.”Solas…” the words left her lips in something of a gasp, almost pleading with him to either kill them or release them, regardless of which path he chose, she was begging for the pain to end.

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

"That name sounds delicious as it leaves your lips, Wolf,” so it would appear, given the look of amusement that flickered across Asharen's features. Her new found power was growing. That he could both see and sense, the power that had fallen to her had changed her in ways he only just begun to see. But, it mattered little in the end. As her finger trailed across his jaw and chin. Beneath her touch did his jaw tense in response. Slowly, a dark smirk crept across his lips once again. Indeed his name was. Yet, did she not see the irony and the joke behind such a name? When the people had called him such he found it amusing then, as he did now. The name had its purpose and it played its part well. "So you say." Came to his reply to her own words. A power she had no right too. Yet, it had been Bria's choice and that was not something he could disagree with.

Clearly, Bria had reasons behind her actions."You may try. Yet, Bria was the better one of us all. You, will not replace her. No one can." He stated, there was an edge of defensiveness to his tone. The fact that Asharen thought she could simply step into such shoes did not settle well with him. So was it obvious in the darkened expression that crossed his features. Once again, thunder rolled louder this time, closer. It became aggressive, threatening even. Seconds later did the lightning strike mere inches from Asharen now. Yet, Solas did not blink, barely flinched.She was confident in her words, perhaps even foolishly so. She claimed to know him, but she had only seen one of the many sides of him. Just then, he watched as she altered her appearance. Although he would not admit it, she looked beautiful and elegant. It was a side to her he had not fully witnessed. He had seen glimpses but this? This was new. He noted the fur of a wolf as it rested on her shoulder. Deny as she might, by simply wearing such a garment was all the proof he needed.

However he did not say anything, merely watched as the being before him transformed into the stranger he had expected. He knew his gaze in that moment would betray what he said and what he did. Yet, it was not something he could hide as easy as he would have liked. Despite the still cold gaze of his eyes as they looked to her, there was still an aspect of desire that burned. Brief flashes, that he did his best to hide and control. Then, as he witnessed the Dragon transform and twist against its nature the coldness of his gaze and attitude only increased tenfold. Asharen knew of his dislike for such an abuse of power. Having once aided him in his own quest.
"What’s the matter, Wolf? You don’t approve of my actions?" No he did not, she knew of this, therefore he felt no need to comment. Instead, he merely gazed at her through narrow eyes.

Of course, it did not take long for his attention to shift, his focus and anger to be redirected to that of the Demon who dared to show his face. So, with crushing vines did he encase the demon before him. Anger flared in his eyes, a cold cruel look Solas now wore as he watched the constricting vines wrap around their intended victim as a snake would its meal. Even as Asharen was pulled against the demon's chest. The vines continued to wrap around Caius, and now that of Asharen. But, there was hatred and red in Fen'Harel's vision. He had no intention of stopping, he would see the demon pay for all that he had done. Whatever words the demons spoke from then on fell on deaf ears. The Wolf's eyes narrowed further and the veins continued on their path.He could feel the life force of those before him begin to ebb.The satisfaction of seeing the life leave Caius's eyes would grant him some form of solace. It would not bring Bria, or their child back. He knew, but at least, he would have avenged their death. For a while, Fen'Harelwas blinded by his anger, his need for vengeance that he was unaware of Asharen's own battle against the vines...

A name, he had recently abandoned was called.. it even grew fainter. Death, how close... he could feel it. The Fade shifted in anticipation, waiting for the new arrivals. However, something tugged at the back of his mind. A Warning, perhaps even a reluctance. But it was enough to adjust his focus. Cold, dark eyes shifted to that of Asharen. How she struggled, weaker now than before. How close he was! A few seconds and death would befall Caius. Yet, it too would befall that of Asharen. With a grit of his teeth and a grunt of annoyance did he cast his gaze away. With it, the vines retracted. How foolish of him, how weak of him. He cursed his heart in that moment. Even as the vines retreated he knew at least some damage would be dealt. As soon as Asharen became clear he would deal the final blow...

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
mocha
shipper
request
development
”You may try. Yet, Bria was the better one of us all. You, will not replace her. No one can.” Asha’s jaw clenched for a moment before a dark, amused laugh escaped her lips. ”You believe her to be this innocent, pure angelic that can do no wrong. But you don’t truly know her- know what she’s done. If she were truly pure she would have broken off her relationship with June, or vise versa of course. She would have told Andruil, saved her sister the heartache. Briawyn was gluttonous, greedy. She was a vile creature.” Asha began to circle him once again, ”You know, June’s vessel is an accomplice of the Order. He came to my chamber one evening, she took control. She begged him to forgive her, told him she loved him. She played both you and I to get what she wanted, you were fooled.” she stood behind him now, whispering dark truths into his ear, her breath hot against his skin. ”We were both used, Fen’Harel.”

At this closeness, she could smell his familiar musk that almost dizzied her thoughts, almost made her want to be close to him again. But those days were gone, and now they stood enemies with blades to each other’s throats. Could things ever be that simple again? No, probably not- at least at the moment Asharen’s vision was so clouded by the tainted soul she now commanded she couldn’t see such a light of hope past her darkened vision. She could see the buried flame in his eyes as he gazed at her changed appearance, and it caused her skin to twinge with desire. Biting on her lower lip, she gave him a sly wink before her attention was rather preoccupied by the annoyance of the new presence.

As her life flashed by her eyes while the vines began to tighten closer and closer around her petite body, his name loosed her lips almost like an old friend. And for a mere second she regained a bit of her old self as she looked upon Solas, begging with the newly unleashed Fen’Harel. She saw the internal struggle as he wrestled with his urge to kill Caius, arguing if Asharen’s death was worth his revenge. Obviously the side of “good” won out as the vines retreated and Asharen was finally able to breathe once again.

As her strength momentarily returned to her, she spun quickly on her heel so she was now facing the demon. ”Now it’s my turn to have some fun,” she spoke darkly as the whites of her eyes turned black and the veins of her temple and cheek ran black with the sickness that now consumed her. Running a finger down his cheek, leaving a slender gash in his skin as her finger moved gracefully against his flesh. A sick, twisted smile spread across her lips as she snatched the dagger from his belt. Running the blade across the flesh of her palm, causing a gash that now dripped blood against the steel, she looked up at the man that sole her happiness. He took her child, took her mentor- regardless of how Bria has used Asharen for her own needs, she still saw the soul as a protector, a mentor.

Rage boiled in her core, seeping poison into the deepest parts of her soul- tainting any glimmer of the person she once was. ”I will destroy you,” she hissed, her topaz irises almost glowing against the blackness of her eyes. As she held his gaze, she muttered an ancient chant in elven, and the dagger began to glow as the inscription on the steel illuminated with an ancient magic. She saw the light drain from his eyes as he seemed to know exactly what she planned on using the dagger for, which only caused her sickened grin to grow. ”You know what I plan on doing with this don’t you?” She began to circle him, her eyes maddened with the hunger for revenge.

She could see Caius’s jaw clench and how his muscles writhed under the skin. He was fearful, tense, and she loved every minute of seeing him squirm. ”You know, I’m not really upset about Briawyn.” she spoke as she circled him, twirling the dagger between her fingers as she played with her prey, ”You enlightened me to her tricks, but you killed my daughter- a child that was never given the chance for a life!” Fire ignited in her voice as she began to be overtaken by her anger, and after noticing such, she paused before continuing. ”A life for a life is the fairest karma I can think of for such a travesty. But don’t worry, your power, your mana won’t go to waste.”

She stopped circling as she stood before him and his eyes widened with fear as she plunged the dagger into the side of neck, angling it downwards so it would sever his jugular. As she killed the vessel, the demon finally appeared- revealing its true self. Asharen looked upon the demon in all its glory, all its power before glancing back at Solas. ”I know how you so desperately wanted to do the honors,” she said with a sickly sweet smile on her lips. ”But this kill is mine.” ”You can’t kill me, She Wolf.” a voice boomed throughout the open air of the Fade, and Asharen turned her attention to the true form of The Nightmare, and laughed.

”She Wolf? Is that my oh so lovingly given nickname?” she questioned before forming a ball of fire in her hand. ”Well, I’m not one for titles, but I like it.” she sneered before launching the fire ball at the demon. In his original form, he was more powerful than when he was enwrapped in the vessel that he called home; a momentary annoyance. The great spider demon vanished and the crumpled corpse of the vessel now stood- lips already blue from the death of the body. Asharen cringed at the look of the corpse that now stood, staring at her almost vacantly. ”I will return and feast on your soul,” the corpse spat, shouting the words from its lips. Just as the body was fading into nothingness as it fled, color and life returned to Caius’s face and he smirked devilishly at the goddess just before completely vanishing from sight.

A slightly annoyed sigh escaped her lips as she realized that she would have to yet again hunt down the assailant if she were to have her revenge on him. She also knew that Solas would have.. words with her about letting him escape, of course. Turning her attention towards him, she placed the dagger in the holster on her hip and made her way towards him. ”Let me guess, you’re upset with me for letting him escape?” she asked with a slight pout on her hips. ”He won’t be hard to find now.” she spoke as she looked down to the blood on her palm, ”I can have Sylis here track him down and then you can have a turn at him.” she spoke with a flash of playfulness in her eyes.

Pausing for a moment, the air settled around them and in the stillness she could hear the beating of their hearts. Even with everything that has transpired, she could still feel her heart race at his closeness. Forcefully grabbing the front of his shirt with her clean hand, she pulled him to her and her lips crashed against his passionately, forcefully almost lustfully. ”I will never leave you,” she moaned in between kisses before she pulled away, her eyes locked on his. ”I will be an ache that you will never be able to dull, a lust that you will never be able to quench. You will always want me, you will always yearn for me.” she spoke almost as if it were a warning, a threat before her tongue flicked against his lips.

”If only you’d let me join you, we could cause the world to burn. Together we would be unstoppable. But I suppose you wouldn’t dare let me join your little Agents of Fen’Harel, too scared that I- your weakness- could be used against you again, eh?” As she spoke now, her lips were dangerously close to his, and she could feel his ragged, trembling breaths against her skin; just as he could feel her hot breath against his lips as she yearned for him in every sense of the word. ”I want you, my dear Wolf. But, mustn’t complicate things, must we?”

--------------------
user posted image
Dan
shipper
request
development

As Asharen spoke, circling hims once again. He could feel her breath as it teased at the nape of his neck.But he did not shift, he did not acknowledge how close she was. He remained indifferent.How composed he was despite her words that were true. Of course, he knew of her actions.But he did not blame her, nor was he angered at them.He had known for some time Bria had loved them both in her own way. She had loved June more so as a brother than a husband but she had loved him no less. Perhaps she did not understand what she felt.Despite her words, he chose to ignore them. No good would come of such an argument. At least not that one. Instead, as she whispered to him, he cast his gaze across his shoulder, allowing a slow, cold smirk to cross his tightly pressed lips.For he knew what she felt in that moment. It had been why she had grown silent.

That had been the original pause. Yet, such bickering would not last long.For Caius had joined them. With the vines unraveling and an anger so hot but equally as dark in his eyes. Did he silently curse Asharen and the part his heart had played. Perhaps closing his heart off would not be as easy as he anticipated. However, that did not mean he would give up trying. No, he would harden his heart he would make sure of it. For he knew he that he did not have a choice. He watched in irritation as Sylaise took it upon herself to exact her own form of revenge. Rightly earned, but that was not part of his plan! For months had he thought, of ways to carry out justice for the loss of two lives. Two, innocent lives. He had wished to kill him in the slowest, most painful way possible.

When her little show came to an end, he glowered at her in annoyance. He would have killed him, nearly had done too had she not stepped in. Had she not believed that she could destroy him herself! As Sylaise approached him, spoke to him as if it had not been such a big deal. He frowned, his eyes grew colder.His tone matched that of his gaze.Yet, he did not raise it merely spoke. Yet, the lack of such emotion spoke volumes. "You are a fool. Once again, your arrogance got in the way. Once again he walks." There was an edge of bitterness in the last few words. If she had just stepped away! No, he would not be hard to find. Fen'Harel did not need help. He would find him before Sylaise. With such a thought his gaze remained transfixed upon hers. There were irritation and anger in his eyes. Whilst his facial expression remained indifferent.

Despite how close she stood, his heart continued to betray his thoughts. He didn't want to care, he had no room for it. Not now, but regardless his heart thumped within his chest. "You need to leave." He stated flatly. In that moment he too had turned around. He could not and would not look at her. He had no intention of remaining there. Not whilst the demon still breathed. However, his path was halted as hands reached for his collar. In an instant, lips were upon his. Passionate and full of the fire of desire and lust. In such a notion, it took all of his strength in that moment not to return the kiss. When she pulled away, his eyes narrowed. The words that she spoke were true enough but taunting at the same time. When she daringly brushed a chaste kiss against his lips a second time did his eyes flare their usual blue haze.The magic that occurred was enough to send her back a few feet, but not enough to send her flying.

He needed the distance between them. With his hand still outstretched, his chest rose and fell quickly, whilst his breath remained shallow. Slowly, his eyes returned to a cold, piercing blue. "I have told you once. I will tell you again. Leave." His tone was cold. He knew her words were true, he would forever ache for her within the bottom of his heart which was why he needed to harden it. He also knew that should she ever join him in current events then yes, his weakness would be exposed. Had it not been for the demon, had he not discovered such a weakness then perhaps things would have been different.

@ASHAREN LAVELLAN

A few months later

&

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES

ruinandrise DW